A WiFi router allows us to connect multiple devices to home or office network connection. When we purchase a router device, we should have to customize the WiFi network name (SSID) and user access password. Because changing the WiFi router SSID name and client password help to identify our personal or private WiFi network, as well as it also helps to avoid unauthorized access to your limited internet data.
We recommend users to customize your network name (SSID) and password. If you don’t know how to change the SSID name and password, you can follow the below steps to change. First of all, you must have your router’s IP address and admin username and password. If you don’t know the IP of the router, you can follow our guide to check the WiFi router IP address.
- Open your browser and enter the IP of the device.
- When you will enter IP and press the enter button, a popup window will open.
- Now enter your router admin username and password.
If you are unable to access the admin panel or forget the admin panel username and password, you can check previously shared article to access your router in case you forget the password.
How to Change WiFi network (SSID) Name and Password
- Step 1) Enter the router IP address and admin login detail.
- Step 2) Now find Wireless option in the router settings.
- Step 3) In the SSID filed enter the network name and encrypt your Wi-Fi router with a WPA-PSK key to secure your router from unauthorized access.
- Step 4) In the Pre-Shared Key field enter the password that you want to set on client access.
- Step 5) Now save all these settings, your router will take 30secound to apply new settings.
Leave a Reply