You may have seen an email attachment file extension name zip and rar format. It is a group of compressed files created by the WinRAR archiver that made sharing of a group of files easy and also reduce the sharing size. If you have received an email attachment containing the given extension files then it is required to have WinZip & WinRAR software in your system to open the files with extension zip and rear.
Landed on the page and finding solution on facing difficulty or unable to open the files in Windows, and Android. Just follow the below steps to solve your problem easily.
How to Extract a RAR and ZIP file on Windows Operating System
To open or extract a zip file on Windows operating systems 7, 8, or 10. You need to install WinRAR or 7-Zip software to open these extension files. You can download these tools by visiting the official website https://www.7-zip.org/ | https://www.win-rar.com/ URLs.
- Step 1) Download and Install the tool in your device.
- Step 2) After a successful installation, Right-click on the download zip extension file.
- Step 3) Now select 7-ZIP and extract here option to view the zip files.
- Step 4) This process will take a few time to extract depending upon the file size.
How to Extract a RAR and ZIP file on Android Device
In the latest android version, most of the android device comes with a built-in feature to extract the zip extension file, but some devices don’t have this feature they can download the RAR extractor android application to extract RAR files in android. After installing the application follow the given steps to extract a Rar file.
- Step 1) Go on the file location in Android.
- Step 2) Right-click on the file and select extract here option.
Leave a Reply