Now you can jump into another network SIM like Airtel, Bsnl, Idea, and Jio without changing mobile number with porting service. Most of the people port their number into another number if they are unhappy with their existing network services. But before porting your Vodafone number into another network. You need to fulfill the following conditions.
Eligibility to make a Vodafone porting Request
Before porting into another network, you should have an active Vodafone connection that is at least 90 days old (as counted from the date of a new activation or the last port date). Your request for porting is within the same circle and there are no outstanding payments to the donor operator that you are leaving. In the end, the last condition is no requests pending for change of ownership of the number.
Note:- The porting procedure is same even if you want to port from any other network to Vodafone. These are the document (Passport size photographs, Address proof, Or any Photo ID proof (E.g. Passport) Indian Nationals / Foreign Nationals) which is required to port Vodafone number into another network. You can follow the below steps to port your Vodafone number into another network.
- Step 1) Visit the nearest network operator store or any retail outlet in which you want to port your number.
- Step 2) Generate an 8 digit UPC code that is required for porting.
- Step 3) Send an SMS from your number to generate porting code, type PORT<space> 10 digit mobile number, and send it to 1900.
- Step 4) Store executive will complete all the formalities and ask for the documents (Proof of ID & address & 1 Photograph).
- Step 5) Now pay porting charges free Rs. 19/- which is non-refundable.
- Step 6) Store executive will raise your MNP request that will take 4 days to process.
- Step 7) Your old SIM will be deactivated within one hour of the porting request.
- Step 8) Now insert the new SIM card and call on 59059 after seeing the signal.
If you are facing any kind of technical problem receiving UPC code. You can call on Vodafone customer care number for any assistance.