Now you can jump into another network SIM like Airtel, Bsnl, Jio, and Vodafone without changing mobile number with the help of porting service. Most of the people port their number into another number if they are unhappy with their existing network services. But before porting your Idea number into another network. You need to full-fill the following conditions.
Eligibility to make a Idea porting Request
Before porting into another network, you should have an active Idea connection that is at least 90 days old (as counted from the date of a new activation or the last port date). Your request for porting is within the same circle and there are no outstanding payments to the donor operator that you are leaving. In the end, the last condition is no requests pending for change of ownership of the number.
- IDEA GPRS Internet Settings
- IDEA Emergency Talktime Credit Loan Code
- Idea Main Balance & 3G/4G Internet Data Balance Check
Note:- The porting procedure is same even if you want to port from any other network to Idea. These are the document (Passport size photographs, Address proof, Or any Photo ID proof (E.g. Passport) which is required to port Idea number into another network. You can follow the below steps to port your Idea number into another network.
- Step 1) Visit the nearest network operator store or any retail outlet in which you want to port your number.
- Step 2) Generate an 8 digit UPC code that is required for porting.
- Step 3) Send an SMS from your number to generate porting code, type PORT<space> 10 digit mobile number and send it to 1900.
- Step 4) Store executive will complete all the formalities and ask for the documents (Proof of ID & address & 1 Photograph).
- Step 5) Now pay porting charges free Rs. 19/- which is non-refundable.
- Step 6) Store executive will raise your MNP request that will take 4 days to process.
- Step 7) Your old SIM will be deactivated within one hour of the porting request.
- Step 8) Now insert the new SIM card and call on 59059 after seeing the signal.
If you are facing any kind of technical problem receiving UPC code. You can call on Idea customer care number for any assistance.